How to develop your skillsSeptember 17, 2020
How to score an InterviewSeptember 25, 2020
Skills are the abilities a person has, to perform activities in a competent manner. Skills can be classified into many categories like Hard skills, Soft skills, Life skills, Social skills and many more. In the digital era, there is a number of “new” skills that arise, and new job openings requiring these skills appear almost day by day.
Some of the skills that are a “must” in the digital era are the following:
- Data Analysis: There is a huge amount of data that offers insights about anything we do online and offline. This data is not always easy to extract and analyze, but if the analysis is done properly, it offers precious insights and can save a lot of money and time and thus helps improve the overall performance of an organization and its activities. Data analysis is a prerequisite in all digital marketing positions and it doesn’t stop there! It requires attention to detail, cost controlling, knowledge of analytics software, industry research and many more!
- SEO & SEM (Search Engine Optimization & Marketing): Building a beautiful website is not enough anymore! In order to appear in the search results and reach your audience there are many steps that need to be implemented in order to make your content more appealing to search engines. The algorithms are changing quickly, and the SEO expert needs to stay up to date! SEO takes time, so if you want to appear in search results faster, you may need to advertise on search engines like Google. This requires keywords research, bidding strategies, audience’s creation and many more. Different jobs fall in this category like SEO expert, Google Ads expert, PPC Specialist etc. Skills required are Online Marketing Strategy, Google Analytics, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs), Keyword Research, Recognizing Trends, Page Authority, Domain Authority, Backlink Strategy etc
- Content Creation (Writing & Editing): Most of the content used to be text-based and image-based, but now there is also need for video content and audio content. Users consume so much content that no matter what type your content is, it has to be high-quality, professional, engaging and on-message! In order for this to be achieved, it is required to have Blogging skills, Email Marketing knowledge, Social Media knowledge, Editing skills, promotional skills, storytelling skills, CMS knowledge, copywriting skills etc
- Social Media: It is not only the individuals that spend their free time on social media. It is also the companies that use these channels in order to increase their brand awareness, create engagement with their audience and boost their website traffic and sales. This goes far beyond just posting. Companies need professionals with expertise on social media platforms, that understand how these channels work, know PPC advertising, do market research, audience segmentation, have analytics skills, and achieve strong ROIs
- Life-long learning: In the digital era, everything changes fast, new trends emerge, new tools appear, new platforms arise, so each professional needs to stay up to date with continuous building of his/her skills. Otherwise it is easy to lose track and stop being competitive in the job market.